Each school district has the responsibility to formulate procedures for conduct of pupils as bus passengers. Procedures shall include, but not be limited to, the rules set down by the State of Colorado. The procedures of School District 20 include the following:
Before Boarding the Bus:
1. Students shall be at their assigned stops five minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
2. Stay off the road!
3. Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before attempting to enter the bus.
4. In keeping with the Tobacco Free Schools policy, use of tobacco products is prohibited at bus stops.
While on the bus:
1. OUTSIDE OF ORDINARY CONVERSATION, CLASSROOM CONDUCT IS TO BE OBSERVED BY STUDENTS. ANY PUPIL WHO IS GUILTY OF UNBECOMING CONDUCT, USING INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE, OR ABUSING THE DRIVER OR OTHER PUPILS, FORFEITS THE PRIVILEGE TO RIDE THE BUS.
2. Students are not permitted to stand or to leave their seats while the bus is in motion.
3. Keep hands and head inside the bus at all times. HORSEPLAY IS NOT PERMITTED AROUND OR ON THE SCHOOL BUS.
4. Pupils must not touch, trip, push or engage in physical play with other children.
5. Items not allowed on the bus: animals, skateboards, balloons, laser pointers, firearms or explosive items, any tobacco products, matches, lighters or any item that is a health or safety hazard. No sharp
instruments such as knives, pencils, etc. shall be carried where they might cause damage to the bus or
injury to others.
6. Nothing is to be thrown from the bus windows. Pupils shall keep the bus clean and free of waste paper.
7. The property of other students is to be left alone. The aisles are to be kept free of books, coats, and other objects.
8. Pupils must not tamper with the bus or any of its equipment. THE INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBLE FOR
CAUSING DAMAGE TO THE BUS MUST BE RESONSIBLE FOR THE COST OF REPAIR.
9. Students are required to maintain absolute silence when approaching a railroad crossing and while stopped for same.
10. In case of a road emergency, children are to remain in the bus until otherwise instructed by the driver.
11. LOADING AT SCHOOLS--ALL students must be on their bus by departure time. Once the driver has closed the door, and the buses have started to roll, students will NOT be allowed to get on the bus.
12. Be alert to traffic when leaving the bus. Cross ten feet in front of bus.
Willing violation of these rules by any pupil could be sufficient cause for the pupil to be deprived of the privilege of being transported.