High Plains Elementary School’s Personalized Learning and Mobile Device program aims to support our school’s goal of developing future-ready citizens by facilitating authentic learning experiences in a personalized environment.
Goal of Our Program (From the Alliance for Excellent Education via Future Ready Schools):
To present personalized learning as “a student-centered approach designed to help all students develop a set of skills collectively known as the deeper learning competencies. These skills include thinking critically, using knowledge and information to solve complex problems, working collaboratively, communicating effectively, learning how to learn, and developing academic mindsets.”
1. Review the ASD20 Technology Guidelines and Responsible Use Agreement:
2. Make sure your device meets ASD20 Device Minimum Requirements:
Device Minimum Recommendations 2019-20.pdf
3. Student and parents should review and complete the HPE User Agreement:
HPE Use Agreement 19-20.pdf
4. Complete the online registration. Click this link to be directed to the registration website.
5. On the first day you bring a learning device to school, please bring your printed, signed HPE User Agreement and your device to Mrs. Edgar in the Learning Commons to complete registration.
Note: High Plains Elementary School is not currently participating in any device rental programs. Students do not need to pay a fee for use of devices available to the classroom.
Parent Information Packet (Fall 2019):
19-20 BYOD Packet.pdf
Safety and Security Infographic:
ASD20 Safety and Security Infographic.pdf
High Plains Elementary School, an inclusive, culturally-diverse neighborhood school, will develop future-ready citizens of knowledge, character, and action by equipping, inspiring, and empowering all students to be confident, global-minded leaders within a safe, socially and emotionally healthy, personalized learning environment.
2248 Vintage Dr. | Colorado Springs, CO 80920 | Phone: 719.234.4700 | FAX: 719.234.4799
Web Accessibility |
Financial Transparency |
Mission & Vision |
© 2017-2018 Academy School District 20. All Rights Reserved.